Banana's Foster is an elegant dessert that looks harder than it is. Impress your guests with this simple recipe minus the rum!
4 bananas (barely ripe)
½ cup butter
¾ cup of water
½ cup peanuts -optional (you can also use walnuts, cashews, or almonds)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Place the butter in a skillet over low heat. Stir with a spoon until it melts, then add the brown sugar, and cinnamon, continuing to stir.
2. After about five to eight minutes, you should start to see a syrup form. Turn the stove on low heat to continue to simmer while you cut the remaining bananas.
3. Peel one banana and sprinkle lightly with a few drops of lemon to prevent browning. Cut in pieces and put pieces in the pan with the melted butter.
4. Stir until the banana pieces melt and form a slight paste. Add the water and continue stirring for a few minutes so that the mixture is slightly diluted.
5. Lastly, add the remaining three banana pieces and optional peanuts or nuts. Stir about 5 minutes more so the bananas cook lightly. Turn off the stove and remove from heat.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!